Head of the Department
Prof. Dr. B. K. Sarkar
(Associate Professor & Head Computer Engineering)
The secret in education lies in respecting students. The great difficulty in education is to get experience out of ideas. You cannot teach a person anything, you can only help him find it within himself.
Vision of Computer Engineering Department
To be a leading department developing competent human resource for benefit of society.
Mission of Computer Engineering Department
M1: To nurture students by imparting quality education.
M2: To enhance potential of students to be competent professionals by providing conducive environment.
M3: To enable students for digital world by undertaking industrial and societal issues.
PEO, PO, PSO of Computer Engineering Department
- Program Educational Objectives(PEO)Graduates of Computer Engineering Program shall
PEO1: Have abilities for successful professional career.
PEO2: Have an ability to address real life problem using modern tools and techniques.
PEO3: Have an ability to build enterprise for betterment of society ethically.
- Program Outcome(PO)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principle and commit professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the set one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Program Specific Outcome(PSO)By the completion of Computer Science program the student will have following Outcomes.
- Computer/Operating System:
• Understand the basic components of a computer, including CPU, memories, and input/output, design and their organization.
• Ability to understand the principles , administration and working of Operating systems
• Develop solutions for networking and security problems.
- Software development:
• Ability to understand the structure and development methodologies of software systems. Possess knowledge of software design process.
• Practical competence with a broad range of programming language and open source platforms.
• Provide and implement database solutions to an information technology problem.
• Ability to apply mathematical methodologies to solve computation task, model real world problem using appropriate data structure and suitable algorithm.
- Communication(Verbal or Written)
- Computer/Operating System:
Short Term Goal of Computer Engineering Department
- 1. To encourage faculty for acquiring higher qualification.
- 2. To improve quality of teaching by encouraging faculty members to increase knowledge by attending short term courses, workshops, conferences Etc.
- 3. To arrange lectures/ seminars / STTPs / Workshops of resource persons from industries to upgrade the knowledge of students and staff & increase industry institute interaction.
Long Term Goal of Computer Engineering Department
- 1. To grow vertically by starting doctoral programs.
- 2. To build full fledged Industry – Institute Interaction cell with project tie ups with IT industries.
- 3. To convert Patents to Products.